View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: FPS or max value?

I think the river check is definitely a mistake. Your hand looks a lot like (1) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]; (2) a monster; (3) some goofy bluff that is looking to check-fold. Against that range, I don't think you're going to find her making too many thin value bets, and you cost yourself action if she has a flush herself.

I'm indifferent about the turn bet. Against AA or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I think you probably get one more bet by check-raising, watching her 3-bet, and then capping. Against KK, it doesn't matter much what you do. Against QQ/JJ, I suppose that the line can work if it produces a call-call instead of a bet-fold. On the other hand, she might fold immediately to your bet and she might bet and calldown your check-raise. Finally, there's a small chance that she has something like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in which case you're best off checking and getting one more bet out of her since she will likely bluff at this card but will probably give up if you bet. So I'd lean slightly toward check-raising again. The donkbet actually works better if the card was a blank rather than a K, since that allows her to make a "bad" reraise with QQ or JJ.