View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Poker & Your Girlfriend

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!! That is so true. I do it all the time and talk about my bad beats to her. I know that she is acting like she really cares, but I still keep going because it better to get bad beats off my shoulders than hear her whine about her friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight: you bore her silly with your BS and she is as interested as she can manage but when she wants to talk about what's important to her to you, well, you just ain't listening? Even enough to pretend to be interested like she does?

Reminds me of the guy on Full Contact who bought his GF a case of Phil Hellmuth's energy drink for their THREE YEAR anniversary. He figured if she didn't like it, he could drink it. He wondered why she pitched a fit.

It's a wonder you guys ever get laid.

Look - if you have something in your life that is really important, golf or poker or comic books - running for one guy I know, if you have to keep it from her or not talk about it, what you need is a DIFFERENT GF - one who gets it. And you only deserve that, if you make the effort to get her in return. If you don't WANT, all by your lonesome, to be with her enough to sustain a relationship, you need a NEW GF.

If you're just acting a certain way to keep her around to haul your ashes and wash your underoos - makes her a poorly-paid hooker. And if she accepts that deal - you're just another john.