View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: What poker books would you like to see?

[ QUOTE ]
This is what I'd like to see:

Have Mason & Dave pick a forum or set of forums - Limit hold'em, MTT, SnG, NL FR, NL 6-max. Then they each read every thread going back 6-8 months. Each time they find an interesting thread they copy n' paste it into a word document. If they each comb one forum or set of forums going 6-8 months back, then they should each come up with 300-400 interesting threads per forum or forum set.

Then they go over their lists together and pick hands that they both think are interesting. They then comment on the advice given by the posters, both the good advice and the bad advice. This should pair down both the lists to around 200-300 hands per forum or forum group.

A little massaging to put it all into a readable format (and to mask the identity of any of the various forum posters) and

***PRESTO***

Internet Poker Essays, vol I Limit Hold'em
Internet Poker Essays, vol II MTTs & SnGs
Internet Poker Essays, vol III NL FR & 6-Max Cash Games

Totally doable, totally marketable.

After all, 90% of the strategy articles in poker magazines are exactly this, only it's all "Here's a hand a buddy of mine played. We were discussing it nine days later while white water rafting through the Grand Canyon, yet still managed to remember every detail and nuance. Here's what Fred did. Our friend Susie just happen to be listening and said this, and then I corrected both of them when I said..."

And they all expect to publish compilations of their articles as poker strategy books. I don't see how this would be any different.

Frankly, I'm surprised none of the enterprising regular posters (or lurkers) hasn't done this already.

[/ QUOTE ]