View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh and OMGifoldeveryhand(phil galfond) was any better?

Two weeks/episodes and he played 2 hands:

1.Folded QQ to Farha,after checking a harmless flop,and sammy raised the turn

2.Flopped top set with JJ....my grandmother could have played that hand

Geeeez I thought sbrugby/aba played tight.Its amazing that these HS internet pros's that play such an aggro game on-line, look like they have never touched a real deck of cards when they play live,as they truly look uncomfortable in their own skin?

I dont think they have to worry about not being invited back,(as Gabe and Helmuth constantly reffered to)...because they wont.

Gimme a break....you get a chance to play on HS poker,with probably 3-4hrs of edited hands each episode(so I dont want to hear he was card dead BS)...and thats it?

[/ QUOTE ]

you talk a big game but you dont write so well.
i bet OMGclayaiken would play you HU live, but you're prolly too busto.

if you were 1/2 a man you'd put your money where your mouth is and play him HU for rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crappy first post.

More on topic: Why are people saying things like "[jman] Folded QQ to Farha,after checking a harmless flop,and sammy raised the turn" and "Jman ... let Farha run him off QQ?"

Here's the hand:
Negreanu btn, Hellmuth posts 300, Harman posts 600, Brandon posts 1200. Farha UTG calls 1200, Gold fold, jman raises to 6500, Elezra calls 6500, folds to Farha who calls.
Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 22400)
Farha check, jman check, Elezra check.
Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 22400)
Farha bets 16000, jman folds, Elezra folds.

(Farha had [Jc5c], Elezra had [4s3s])

I wouldn't exactly call 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a harmless flop for Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with two opponents, one of which has position on you. A bit more leniency could also be afforded to jman since he hadn't gotten a feel for the flow of the game yet, but regardless, I think this is being misrepresented as some sort of atrocious weak/tight play from Galfond.