View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: please to be helping me stop lose money [stats post]

Thanks everyone for taking the time, this is great stuff.

Miles:

[ QUOTE ]
you fold your sb a lot and you call your bb a lot.

also you're running/playing bad wrt showing down. 36/47 at showdown is superbad over 7k hands. 27% ftrb is very low.

oh and position stats are cool

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been shooting for 85% fold sb, maybe I’ll try to get that down to 80%? I had also been shooting for 45% fold bb, Oink suggested about 50% so I’ll try that. As for running/playing bad, running bad I can deal with, playing bad is what I’m trying to avoid. This may be naïve, but are you referring to when you say position stats?

Absolution:

[ QUOTE ]
Your stats look good to be honest. I think you're running bad. Your sample size is way too small to be analyzing win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, full ring variance has nothing on short handed. Nothing.

Hobbs:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. Having a VPIP of 24 and defending your bb as much as he does means he is leaving a lot of money on the table when in position by folding too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I’ve had trouble bring my vpip up to 24 but I’ll continue to work on getting it higher.

inferno:

[ QUOTE ]
you have to win inorder to stop losing

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker wisdom for the ages, thanks.

Oink:

[ QUOTE ]
When sweating you I noticed you opened some hands in a 2/4 game that I wouldnt open. Like A7o in the HJ. There was also a few other examples. So I still think you need to work a bit on preflop.

You also seemed to have issues with hand reading. Its something thats gonna improve as you go a long. However, trying to play a LAGTAG style requires fairly good skills postflop. In particular at 2/4.

But Miles is right about your SD stats. You have been on a REALLY bad run here. I was at a similar run a few days back so its something that happens.

One thing tho. I think you can push your ATSB a little higher and prolly fold your BB a little more. To like 50. Your fold SB is a bit high as well. Try to 3-bet button steals by TAGs a lot. They will fold soooo much postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will continue to work on pf, stealing more in the CO and OTB and maybe pulling it back a little UTG and in the HJ.

I agree with hand reading problems. I was extremely impressed by your ability to do that when we played. A couple times you told me, “He doesn’t have a flush, bet.” And I thought to myself, “How does he know he doesn’t have a flush.” Of course you were right. I had similar thoughts like 4 times in that one session. I guess experience and playing close attention to the hand is the best teacher? I’ll work on it for sure.

I can’t thank you all enough.

-numbnuts