View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Default tpgk vs calling station + river bet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10)
Button ($9.20)
SB :#A500AF(villian)/ ($5.48)
BB ($3.94)
UTG ($10.40)
MP ($3.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB :#A500AF(villian)/ completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
villian checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, villian calls $0.80, BB folds, UTG calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
villian checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, villian calls $1.25, UTG folds.

River: ($5.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villian bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $5.70

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
villian has 4d 5c (three of a kind, fives).
Hero has Qh Kd (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: villian wins $5.70. </font>

I have a few questions here.

1. Is the rr on the flop a good move?

2. What about my turn play, should I have bet more checked any thoughts?

On the River I put him on the a broken fd, but since this is my first hand at the table I just called to see what was going on here.

I know it is only one hand but he kept playing this way the whole rest of the time I was at the table and I didn't know how to adjust to him.

Do I treat him as a calling station because he did call down with pretty much any pair, but he did also raise rarely pre-flop. He also would take the lead in the betting occasionally, but usually he was just calling.

Do you just tighten up here and bet your monsters pre-flop?

Do you loosen up since his range is pretty wide and value bet your made hands on the flop?

Thanks in advanced.