View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
7N7

there isn't as much difference in my opinion between your buddies and Phil/Corey. Corey is say a -4/5 handicap and Phil Ivey is prolly an 18 for a difference of say 22-23.

Your buddies are 92 and say 80 for a 12 shot difference. Not knowing much more - I would almost bet on the higher handicapper even with only two shots. What do you think?

Ok rereading your post - that is way too wide of a range for the better golfer 73-84???? Sounds like it depends on how much he drinks. hmmm - tough call.

Just have the higher handicapper take two lessons with Butch Harmon (you finance that at about $500 - really - anyone can have a lesson with him) then bet more and reap the benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I basically posted his best ever score and worst ever score that I've heard of. That was stupid and probably why I'd get so pwned if I were to prop. bet more often.

I'd say 77-78 is more likely his average.

And this will be for overall score not per hole. They wouldn't do per hole cuz' they don't like to bet that often and it was a great sale by me to get them to agree to this one. Back pat.