View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: lol you can\'t trick me

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is peachy. I have never seen her get out of line against me and she has never seen me get out of line against her as far as I can remember. I have also never seen her coldcall. The initial pfr is pretty taggy but the BB here is hopped up on goofballs and will come to life at random moments, going insane so I'm guessing she'll call with some hands here to get into pots with him. The poor nit obviously has AT or KTs or something and somehow thinks it has a shot. I play like a superstar and check the river to stop the peachy hammer?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.33 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you didn't raise the turn, you didn't know whether MP has a set of tens. But the check on the river probably indicates AT of spades and not tens full. I think you should bet the river. The pot size may get you two calls. I doubt either player is going for a check raise here because you slowed down on the turn and they'd have to be afraid you'd check behind if they checked a strong hand.

I think you should have raised the turn. It is now big pot basic, no longer a hand reading hand. Charge the max to pairs with Ace or King overcards. Don't try to save bets. Keep the foot on the gas.