View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
(Note to PrayingMantis: 2004 might as well have been 1904. The player ecosystem of the online game has radically changed since 2004. In online poker, you can't just stuff something in a drawer and consider it a done deal.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you understood what you were talking about, and bothered to actually go read the archives (like people are suggesting to you again and again), you'd have realized that this discussion has very little to do with "the player ecosystem". However, you are too stubborn, and think too much of yourself as for actually go and read them. The annoying thing is that you make your posts look so "deep", so some people actually think that there's something interesting to learn from them. There isn't. You are just full if it, which is something that really makes me mad, and that's why I keep posting in this thread.

Again, there's nothing new in your last post, your same ideas dressed with the same high words. But, for the first time and after denying it earlier, now you at least admit to think that what you say is indeed revolutionary ("I seriously doubt that my main point has been discussed on these forums before. "). Thank you for that! Well, You have no idea how wrong you are. People on these boards were thinking about "non-linear" graphs 3 years ago too. Nothing came out from all of it, and for very good reasons. Also, Weak-tight "theoreticians" of your kind come to these boards from time to time (not only MTTS), with their "risk management" ideas. No success.

Of course, the games change, this is obvious to any thinking player, and best +CEV lines change according to different circumstances. I generally agree with MLG's point about the decreasing value of aggressive strategies. This is not a new phenomenon, and it also could be found in SNGs for long time now (wider calling ranges, for instance, etc). Smart players realize this. However, they keep in pursuing the highest +CEV lines possible for them, considering their own and their opponents play (unless if it's in very particular bubble or FT situations, where $EV and CEV diverge too much).

GL repeating yourself in other forums here, if that's what you're actually going to do now. Maybe you should also try pocketfives, I hear there are some great poker minds over there.