View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: [150NL] 88 Flopped set 550bb\'s Deep

[ QUOTE ]
I never level :P
Yes I understand that it's the action that leads to the bet on the river that is important. But I got the impression from some of the responses that (ignoring previous action) they would be less likely to call a 1k bet into a 1k pot than a 5$ bet into a 5$ pot.
Just pointing out that this mindset should be lost as soon as possible because I know I struggled with this a lot (still do)

tl;dr: The absolute size of the final bet should not influence the decision making but the way the betting escalated the absolute size should

[/ QUOTE ]

But it does, and until we're all pros it always will. Villain just bet several buy ins on the river. THis is hugely different than a psb for a single BI or less. Villain is almost never making this kind of bet for value with a worse hand in my opinion (sometimes 44 but only sometimes and that's it).

So yeah even though it shouldn't make a difference in theory, to this villain it definitely does and thus this really skews his range to AA/KK. I know it doesn't affect the percentage of the time we need to have the best hand to be able to call, because a psb is a psb, but the way in which the amount of money is affecting the villain is very important imo, and he almost never does it with a worse hand.