View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: CP2-7 experiment update

The 100K-hand experiment seemed to be slowly converging so I let it run. Unfortunately this morning I discovered a couple of errors in my code, which caused it to rank a few hands incorrectly.

With some improvements in performance is now looks like I can calculate using 1 million-hand samples, which will provide better results. So I am concentrating on getting that up and running on multiple CPUs. (1 iteration of 1Mx1M hands should take about 7 CPU-days.) The recent results used the first iteration of 1M hands.

I also realized it will be possible to make my calculator available as a service through a web site, though it will take some time to get this set up correctly. (Not 100% sure I want to do this, the computation would have to be forwarded to my home machine to run.)

I haven't written the tools I would need to compile these raw hand files into summaries, but I still plan on doing so. Once I get the 1M hand computation running more smoothly I can take a look at posting the 100K hand data (with the caveat that it has some known errors.) If anyone is interested in the raw hand file, PM me and I can email it to you.