Thread: Fitting
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Fitting

[ QUOTE ]
Is "Uniflex" meant to be a fit-all Regular and Stiff or is it meant to be a sort of borderline shaft?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know and the terms Regular and Stiff don't have any real meaning anyway when it comes to golf equipment. There are no standards, so one company's Stiff shaft can have the same flex and another company's Regular shaft. Some "Regular" shafts are probably rated "Stiff" to help sales, since most guys need a "Stiff" shaft to satisfy their ego.

I suspect the uniflex shaft is simply a shaft that fits the largest number of average golfers who buy equipment off the rack. I know that Callaway offers other shafts. I think you have to go to a qualified club maker/clubfitter in order to determine what kind of shaft you should use. It is very complicated and no one can tell what kind of shaft to use over a message board. Not everyone who does club fitting or club building knows what they are talking about.

I recommend the book "The Search for The Perfect Golf Club" by Tom Wishon it explains a lot about golf equipment and tells how to find a qualified club fitter.

Since the guy is telling you that your equipment is basically fine, I think you should just stick with what you are using for now. When you are ready to get something new, go to a expert clubmaker. I know a good one in the New York area.