View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
Nath, I'm a lot more of the school of "let people enjoy what they want to enjoy" rather than turning everyone into Sufjan Stevens [censored]-munchers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah. See, I am both pretentious and arrogant enough to assume my tastes are better than other people's and that they will enjoy what I recommend them more than they enjoy what they're listening to now.

I don't look at it as being condescending, though; I actually enjoy turning people onto new music. Plus, while I have a personal affinity for certain styles, I like anything and everything that's good, so if someone likes a particular style, I usually have something I can turn them on to.

Still listening to the myspace Keyser linked... this "Under Control" song reminds me of something the Arcade Fire or Andrew Bird might do.

If you guys are curious as to what I'm up to musically... I'm going to see Jens Lekman tomorrow (album of the year AINEC) and then Art Brut and The Hold Steady on Friday.

All of these bands are worth everyone's time.

Also, check out Black Kids here. Only four songs so far but they're all dynamite.