View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: High-end Dining: Expectations and Reviews

oT,

Gary Danko (http://www.garydanko.com/) is $61/77/92 for 3/4/5 course tasting menu.

The last time I went there we sat at the bar and had the four course menu. If you get there early you can sit down at the bar and have the full menu, nice to know for those of us who aren't great at reserving in advance (Danko you generally need to reserve at least a couple of weeks in advance).

I think I got:

Seared Foie Gras w/ Caramelized Red Onions and Fuji Apples

Seared Sea Scallops (a differnet preparation than what is on the current website menu)

Cheese Course - highly recommend doing this at Danko. You each get to select three cheeses (this used to be four, weak) from an incredible selection of cheeses.

Dessert - I think for dessert we got the trio of creme brulee and either the chocolate-raspberry tart or chocolate souffle.

All the desserts I've had there are great. Actually, just about everything I've had there is amazing. I highly, highly recommend Gary Danko.

It is definitely high-end, very nice dining room, ambience, etc. However, it is not stuffy at all. More of a California-style high-end ambience, which is a little more modern feel than someplace like the Ritz or a traditional high-end French place.