View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Questions about Pokerstars million hand giveaway;

* Background: Thise past week Pokerstars has been giving away cash prizes on tables that deal a particularly numbered hand (i.e. 3456000000, eveery millionth hand) during prime hours awards cash based on the limits of the game and VIP level(s) of the player.

This weekend I have seen the message 'Hand # 65432000000 is about to be dealt on one of our cash ring game tables, cash and prizes yada yada yada'

My question is how do they 'know' that hand is going to be dealt on a cash ring game table? With the 1000's of tournament and sit-n-go tables also running at the same time - shouldn't it be just as likely the hand be dealt at one of these tables? (I would think the guys paying $500 rake on a $5000 HU sng would like to think they have a shot at winning something in these 'giveaways')

Well to follow up my own question I asked one of the guys (think it was HostMktg) awarding the bonus on one of these tables "why sng's and tourneys aren't included in the promotion?" he replied that it 'can't stop a tournament' or something to this effect - which then begs more questions:

Why aren't rake paying sit n go and mtt players included in this promotion?

Given that stars position (at least that of this particular host) was that '(we) can't stop a tournament (for this)' - isn't it still just as likely that the millionth hand could still be dealt on one of the 1000's of sitn go and tourney tables?

And if it 'can't' be dealt on one of those types of tables, is Pokerstars directing the deal to 'only' deal the 'million hands' on 'cash game tables' specifically?

If they are dealing these hands only on specified 'cash game tables' doesn't that mean in some way or another they are manipulating the 'random shuffle'?

Can someone explain any of these to me?

This has kind of been bugging me since this promo came out because I play primarily mtt's and apparently can't cash in on this promo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]