View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Patriots line -24.5 before the end of the season?

[ QUOTE ]
well it did happen. Got up to 26 at one point? So we've set a new unofficial record. However, the line is unlikely to be that high anytime in the near future as people realize that the Pats are not perfect, and that even a crappy looking team can keep it very close with them. Suppose the lines will plummet after this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a bad assumption. The Pats are still 9-2 ATS and are playing a pasty in their next game. Baltimore is one of the worst teams in the NFL, and I think the linesmakers may actually be starting to realize that.

It was looking like the line for this game was gonna be -20, and I don't see a reason to change it.

If you're talking about all of the public's money pouring in on NE regardless of where Vegas opens the spread, then I tend to agree with you - that is over until the next time NE blows someone out.

I don't understand why everyone is putting so much stock in one game. The same people who were ripping "squares" for annointing the Pats as invincible after only a handful of games are now paying attention to nothing but last week's game.