View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: X-Post Absolute Poker Hole Card Cheating

I don't think it is so much that the potripper/graycat/doubledrag accounts themselves have always been superaccounts from AB with the ability to see holecards. These accounts have been huge losers in the past.
Could have been accounts AB ppl used to chipdump and also keep high stakes players happy. Employees dump AB revenue into these accounts and dump off to 3rd party personal accounts.

Someone proposed that it is more likely that there is an account that can observe and see all of the holecards but cannot play. This used in conjunction with the doubledrag accounts would make sense but why the blatant abuse directly after an update? It is possible that the update created the rabbit cam it might be coincidence. The behavior exhibited by these accounts is pretty much what I would expect from some introverted support/tech nerd with no common sense and a very basic understanding of poker. He gets caught then tries to emulate his play style but in a losing fashion much like an amateur theif will try to cover up a crime. This really looks like an inside job or rogue employee(s) gone wrong but AB will have to come forward for anything definitive.

The reason I don't think it could be a hacker/trojan is that the accounts clearly had large amounts of money before the update. Some rich whale who donks around wouldn't be hacking computers most likely. A bot maker who went into hacking AB might have the capital to fund the accounts but would have a good enough understanding of poker not to just blow it. A hacker smart enough to crack the site might blow it due to a misunderstanding of the game but the chances of this seem very low because its almost common sense to milk something like this.

One thing that is for sure though is that these 3 accounts could see holecards, they took full advantage for as long as they could, they then dumped the money.