View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Fall \'07 Movie Thread

*** Minimal/not Important Spoilers Included ***

Spurr of the moment trip today to watch American Gangster:

Bee Movie Not worth it IMO. Bridget Jones is super quite in it, but other than that not much to see. Some funny concepts/ one liners (in fact the one ate the very end just might be worth watching the whole movie for) but IMO the crazy plot isnt believable, and the movie becomes oriented towards kids. Although many parts are for adults.

Gone Baybe Gone

Kudos to the Afflecks, they were not too shabby here. Cassey is pretty chill, and his characters is fairly believable. The supporting cast (like the ppl in the background) make this movie feel more realistic than it should be. They pull teh story off IMO. Which is a difficult thing to do in crime/action/drama movies. I honestly thaught this movie was 2:30, but my buddy said it was under 2 hours (or 90min? I forget).

Drags on a bit, but is decent IMO.

Michael Clayton

Political thriller that delivers. Easily best movie of day. I cant really go into detail, but I will say: it is believable, suspenseful, tricky, smart, fast paced. Acting was top notch. Clooney is really good, as are the other main characters. I felt while there were giant gaps of plot that are not spoon fed I still got alot of the movie (which usually isnt the case for politrhilers). Good.

American Gangster

Too much security at the doors. Didnt get through to this one, so i guess next time.