View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: You have a dream...

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably get on the plane, but I'm stubborn like that. Sometimes I will have extremely strong fears that I am going to jump off the building when I go somewhere that is high and exposed. I can clearly see myself doing it, in excruciating detail, and I am certain I will not be able to control myself. But I go up there anyway, and, to date, have managed to avert disaster.

My mind is extremely powerful, but so far its future-predicting track-record leaves much to be desired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vhawk, we need to talk. One of us is channeling the other's mind. I have these exact same visions, and sometimes I am afraid to go near the edge or near windows that look easily breakable because I'm worried that ... well, like you say, that I won't be able to control myself. But then I peer over the edge anyway, just to prove to myself how silly the whole notion is. I can't help feeling a little queasy inside the whole time though. I get the same impression in potentially dangerous driving situations, particularly on large bridges; I'm worried that I will just jerk the wheel and go careening off the side, and I sometimes find myself checking out the barriers to see whether I'd be able to break through them or not. Does this happen to other people, or are Vhawk and I crazy?

PS I would absolutely get on the plane, mostly from stubborness, and partly to prove to myself that I could.