View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: The Well: Adanthar (1/16/07)

Hey sweet, 2+2 is back after mourning Neteller or something. I've got a 7:30 AM wakeup call for a client (gee I wonder why I wanna quit soon) so let me wrap it up for tonight:

[ QUOTE ]
are you the best tournament player in the mtt forum (define that however you will)?

I had this conversation with someone at the pca who thought you were too tight, but (at least from your posting, since I've played very little with you), I would pick you as the best tournament player on 2p2. Maybe it's just cause of the extreme confidence you give off in all of your strategy posts, I dunno. Who's better than you, and why? And are you too tight?

also, nice to meet you at the pca. I like your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man. I definitely played very tight at the PCA, which had as much to do with the table as with the cards I was getting (at one point I went ~3 hours without a top 10% hand at a table with ZJ, AJ and a super bad maniac to my left...I swear, every time I wanted to open something like J9, I'd look left and he was stacking his chips). But one thing that nobody knows because I didn't tell them, until now, was that out of the four times I reraised somebody PF on day 1 (three of them in the last level with big antes), I had air 3/4. Also, on one of the few hands I did play, I doubled up with a set against a guy that checkraised me with middle pair on an ace high board. It goes with the image.

No, I'm not the best tournament player on 2+2 or in MTTC. But I believe I can hold my own with the best of them...which isn't to say I am as good as them, it just means that I'm a tough out. It's also worth mentioning I will never play the same tourneys most tourney pros do except on Sundays, because I do a lot of game selection and stuff like the 109r is just totally not worth it to me with all the soft spots out there.

[ QUOTE ]
how in gods name do you play fullring, im planning to play cake poker 1/2 and 2/4, been watching the 5/10 game a bit, and ionno how full ring works, if i can get that i will def start feeding that 1% of yours with my hard earned rake, but any tips on FR before i try it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, for starters, don't take my game today to be a lesson in anything because for some reason I was playing B- and left early, heh. In addition, Cake is very opponent specific. That said, here is a rough guide to playing full ring on a site like Cake (lots of loose passives PF, LAGgy horrible play postflop):

Step 1: limp/call everything
Step 2: make the nuts
Step 3: bet (unless the guy will bluff a lot, then check)
Step 4: if you have an overpair and are raised on the flop by a bad player, fold

That's pretty much it. I take my 1% cut in any possible way except Neteller?