View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Deep and long hand analysis at 5/10, hows my thought process?

i read your reasoning and whilst definitely a good way to go about it personally i think your play is too passive.

i much prefer 3bet here pf, although obv depends on recent history (edit: in fact completely history dependent, as soon as i think a 3bet is worthwhile i'd do it, if ive 3bet him twice in last orbit id call), but still i generally think calling pf sucks vs 13% pfr in utg+1. maybe 3betting trash here and calling JQs is better than folding trash and 3betting JQs, but i just simply dont like calling a pf raiser when your on the button, kills your upper range (QQ+). meaning your reppable range is a lot smaller and his is a lot wider given he has made a standard pf raise, and this is never good.

as for turn, i insta shove, but again, as you rightly say it all comes down to ranges, but if your only getting called by better hands if you shove, and only being check-raised with hands that beat top 2, your not playing a mixed aggressive style enough imo. becuase if this is the case, then you are not utilising your tight image to your advantage.