View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Long Run and Parlays Questions

Well, there are people here who can answer your questions more thoroughly, specifically showing how parlays are -EV. First, I would say there has been a little luck involved thus far because the sharpest baseball bettor I know has been having a rough year so far, while many squares over at other forums like therx have been doing very well (many of which I have followed). Many large large favorites have covered so far this year, now imagine you had one of these large favorites in your parlay as a base and they missed several times in a row, your profit would be significantly lower. There is nothing wrong with luck however as long as you are willing to improve. Regarding the 56%, opinions very, but the widely accepted opinion is that in TODAYS MARKET hitting 56% over years and years is impossible. Short term, 56% and better is completely possible. The consensus that people can hit long term is around 53% if I remember. Id read sharp sports betting if I were you. I feel like raeding that book after you have a general feel for sportsbetting does more good than having no clue. Hope this helps a little.