View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Official Microstakes Limit Stats Thread

welcome to the micros stats thread.

Im starting this thread for 2 main reasons, the second being more important than the first.
1. So that people dont have to start a new thread to ask people to comment on their stats
2. So that we will (hopefully) have a high quality thread which will allow readers to see stats and comments of others which makes it easier to see trends etc in the comments so the reader can relate them to their own stats. If this thread goes as i hope then it will actually reduce the number of stat posts as people who want to post stats will read this thread and not need to post their stats anymore.

The plan is that this thread will be able to be used as a decent reference for stats. Accordingly, I (and Wookie if he's so inclined) reserve the right to delete/edit crappy posts from it that do not add value. Also if someone makes a new stats thread I may choose to transfer the content (if I get to it before there are too many posts) to this thread and delete the new one. If I do this Ill obvoously Ill advise the OP.

Notes to anyone wanting to post their stats:
1. Be sure to make sure you have AT LEAST 10k hands in your stats. Posting screenshots of PokerTracker is recommended. Try any include whatever you feel necessary...look at previous posts in this thread as a guide. The MicroLimit FAQ contains useful info on stats. It is expected that you read this BEFORE you post any stats in this thread
2. Ideally each post will get their own 15 minutes of fame in this thread and to keep this thread readable, if someone else just posted their stats then consider waiting for the discussion of their stats to die down so that we dont have too many concurrent threads going in this thread.
3. Want to see other stat posts? Use 2+2 search engine to search for '+stat -Re', select 'Subject Only within microforum for last 2 years
4. Understand that stats are just numbers and you cant find all leaks by looking at them...this is why some people think stats posts are not that useful. They can be useful but understand that nothing beats actually getting involved in the forum and replying to strategy posts/hands. This forum helps people who helps themselves. i can tell you to play more hands in late position and to raise more preflop but unless you get involved in the forums you wont get any feedback on if you are picknig the right spots.
5. When you ask for comments on your stats you are likely to get some blunt comments. This is expected so try and take each comment based on its merit.

Notes to anyone who wants to comment on stats:
1. Im fully aware that some people dont like stats threads and that some say not to worry about stats but the reality is that there are posters who want stats threads so they do have a place in this forum so basically if you dont like stat posts then dont post in this thread
2. feel free to notify mods then direct people to this thread if they want their stats anaylsed

Well thats about it. Lets make this thread a quality one so that it serves as a great stats reference.

Ozi