View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Farha on Omaha - Anybody read it yet?

I just read poker books for entertainment mostly, since I never play for money (I might kill someone if I lost more than $1.50) and I haven't read Ed Miller's book, but I've read many other Omaha books/sections like Hellmuth's, parts of Cloutier's(Champ. Omaha-I like the guy and I like his books as well), SS2, Full-Tilt, and Thursday Night Poker.

On Friday, I went to the store and read through the Omaha parts from Mastering Hold'em and Omaha(Caro/Cappalletti) and didn't have any desire to take it home. However, when I sat down to read Farha's(I like him as well) book I found it a much more enjoyable read.

I didn't really learn anything new (yet), and was also disappointed there wasn't more strategy (weak tournament content). Still, I loved reading every one of the 30 or so pages that I read. I was interested to find out how he played Omaha and I could also easily picture Sammy's big grin as I was reading his words(even without my LSD). I liked how he bragged about not looking at his cards and then when the guy told him to, he still just faked it and cleaned the guy out. He was playing the player. Nothing new, but it's Farha, so I enjoyed every word, and won't mind paying $15 for it next week. He often jumps from Omaha to Texas Hold'em stories which I found a bit confusing, but that's just because I was rushing through it. All the more reason to buy it and just take my time. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]