View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]

It is likely that Greg Anderson can't be prosecuted because his testimony under oath was prior to his guilty plea. The guilty plea likely incorporated all charges and possible charges arising out of this investigation...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I told you that wasn't the case....then what?

[ QUOTE ]
Come on, Bean. You know this. They went after the suppliers and they entered plea agreements. I don't know why they agreed to such light pleas, but it may have been political at the Justice Department level.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a token case to facilitate a perjury trap on Bonds, where in the DA's mind he either would admit steroid use that could be leaked, or run the risk of perjury.

I mean, they didn't really "go after" the suppliers when they drop 95% of the charges and agreed to 2 month sentences.

I've spent longer time at summer camp.

[ QUOTE ]
For the reasons stated above, there is nothing to charge Anderson with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg testified that he never gave Bonds steroids. You're telling me that the government can't charge him with perjury if they believe it not to be true?

[ QUOTE ]
There is plenty of proof of Bonds use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of allegations...but it hasn't been proven.

Once again, we'll see what happens at trial, and if the "proof" holds up to the burden.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a chicken/egg argument. Which came first, the desire to get Bonds or his breaking the law. I think it is the latter -- and his flaunting of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. It was to get Bonds from the start.

Agent Jeff Novitsky told Agent Ira White in 2001 that he didn't like Bonds, and "sure would like to get him for something", as he had worked out at the same gym, and was jealous of Bonds wealth and success.

After the investigation into his taxes turned up nothing, Novitsky went dumpster diving at Balco without supervisory authorization.

Remember, this is an IRS investigation, spearheaded by Novitsky, as the DEA showed no interest, at at later intervals was critical of the IRS involvement in a steroid case.

His fruits from that search lead to the formal BALCO investigation, as well as his involvement with Grimsley and trying to coerce him to wear a wire and approach Bonds, and when Grimsley refused, charged him even though he had cooperated in naming over 20 athletes who Novitsky has to this day kept sealed...unlike in the case of Bonds.

If you sincerely think this isn't about getting Bonds, then I just don't know what to tell you.....we're never going to agree on that much.