Thread: Rock Band
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Rock Band

Played this last night at a friends place.

* We used a second guitar he had from GH2 as the bass.

* It was a lot of fun.

* I found the guitar a lot easier on easy/med than GH is on easy/med.

* Agree that its not for apts, it gets loud.

* Singing is fun, but I find the little "yellow" sections where you get extra points for saying whatever kind of weird (although friends were getting into it, throwing in woos and such).

* We found that you don't need to be accurate in the words, just like the timing of making noise and the pitch. You can get "awesome" just saying Ooooh and Aaah the right way when you should be saying words. Of course that isn't as much fun.

* Drums was my favorite part by far, it was really good, I could do it well on easy by the end, but on medium I had trouble when the pedal got really involved.

* I didn't like that they cut out the swearing. Seeing "You're so very special" on the lyrics line for 'Creep' was sad, but like I said, you can slip [censored] in there and not lose points.

* Friend bought the game yesterday morning, and we played last night from like 1030-1. By 1 the rims around the drums were scuffed up pretty good, but I guess thatll happen when you have a bunch of drinking drummers who haven't ever played the instrument.

* It's just too damn expensive or I'd pick it up, still b/w GH @ 100 and this at like 170, I think this is a better value.

* I had trouble getting the guitar to recognize when I was moving it up to use star power or whatever.