View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: WA/WB.....lets get to the bottom of this

This post was brought about because I think many felt I was confused as how to apply the concept when in discussion in the gimetheloot thread 'AJ squeeze....'.

For the record, all I was truing to say was if a bet doesn't have any value since you will fold worse and get called/raised by better then you have essentially a WA/WB spot. This can occur on any street. Many in that thread were saying they liked a check because they felt this exact sentiment. All I was trying to say was that I believed our opponents calling range was larger then just hands we beat, thus the non WA/WB spot many may view here.

Often I see people using this concept as an excuse as to why they don't make VB (especially on the river where anything remotely thin and they are anemic towards it). My point I guess was that the larger you view his calling range the more value you can gain from a bet (obviously) and viewing hands in a WA/WB spot frequently is probably not correct. More likely, you are playing a weak tight game and may see more monsters then you need to.

I think I have the same view on this as everybody else but often it is hard for me to say in a clear and concise way. My problem I guess. Anyways I just wanted to say that those who contributed in that discussion hopefully can see what I meant with that tangent.