View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: family issue, and personal philosophy

I highly doubt that the verse numbers change. Just the phrasing and word choices within sentences of different translations change. The Message version of the bible has "his love endure forever" as "his love never quits" but the verse number doesn't change.

There's probably a translator's rule never to mix up the verses that would seem logical in view of the hyper sensitivity with which most translators approach translating the bible, but at this time without directly researching that topic I can't prove it. Not to mention locating anything to quote scripture would become a practical nightmare for ministers/evangelists/religious scholars and anyone else trying to compare bible passages.

There are bibles out there that I think they are called parallel bibles. You can have the New King James Version on the right side of the page and The Message version on the left side to compare readings. Some bible experts actually advise you to read the whole bible then get different versions and compare passages. Then again you have some people that prefer certain versions over others.