View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: No pumpkin pie from Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not to get too technical, but outsiders.com is just another stats org., and while i personally study their material, it is JUST ANOTHER STATS ORG. the data i appended is from NFL.com; as to why that is "wrong" is something you'll have to explain; and finally, the data says enough to be illuminative. does it need to say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say the data was wrong. I said it was useless, and then I said why it was useless. Washington gives up more passing yards per game because their opponents attempt more passes per game. If you gave me 500 passing attempts against Washington's secondary I bet I could rack up 200 yards too.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, the teams were not only accumulating yardage, they were doing it with precision: 94 of 140 attempts for a tidy 67% pass completion rate (and this figure includes the jets' 23 of 42). people think the secondary of washington is good: the figures state otherwise. and the inability of washington to stop the pass IS very pertinent, imo: by implication, the washington defense is tougher to run on than pass.

i simply cannot see how you fail to understand such basic strategy: is it not true that offensive coordinators take the path of least resistance?

-c