View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: American Gangster leaked online one week before release

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
got off, then got busted again, thats why he went to jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is amusing as well as he got off even lighter than was portrayed in the movie but then went on to [censored] it up again.

However it is true that he was above the mob but only in drug trafficking. He was bringing his drugs in at 4 thousand a unit versus the 35-50,000+ his top competitors were paying . Plus he was distributing the drugs himself as opposed to acting as a middle man which made his profits huge.

He wasn't mob-like though in the fact he had his hands into everything. He dealt drugs only however at a huge profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not convinced he wasn't still kicking up to the mob. From what Ive read the mafia let the blacks have areas in Harlem but they were still paying a fee for that opportunity.

Ive also read that he wasn't the one that started the straight from Asia market. I forget the guy's name now but apparently it was another black drug dealer in the area that he ended up working with.

None of the stuff is too well documented furthering my belief that this guy wasn't as big as he portrayed himself to be. Most of what I have found was written by people from the neighborhood and Bumpy's wife. They could be lying I guess.