View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Aces up on river

[ QUOTE ]
when i see a bet on the river like that and i raise him i have no idea where i stand IMO. Is this a situation where he block bets i raise he re raises and i just pay him off with the call best hand or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have no idea where you stand after villain makes his last bet on the river, you need to stop and think about it for a while. you've gotten the most information you can out of the hand and you should have a good estimation of where you stand.

now if he comes over the top and raises, you've got even more info to work with. unfortunately i can't tell you if this is one of those situations where you pay off or not, because i know the results and they will inevitably bias my response for this hand.

this is why we don't post results. you will get the best (unbiased) answers from very good posters when you don't post them. even though we all try to analyze hands with results as if we don't know them, they are bound to influence our responses.

but if i had to give an answer to that, i'd think about whether villain was good enough to go limit hold 'em on me to induce a raise on the river with a hand better than mine or if he was just trying to represent a monster with air.