View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: How would you play KK in this situation?

[ QUOTE ]
Man. this forum really isn't open to playing styles other than "by-the-book/theory"....
I thought I could get an interesting discussion going here (if not on the forum of THE poker book publishing web-site, where?), but apperantly I was wrong.
You people seem to be unable to accept, that there are situations, when playing by-the-book doesn't get you very far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be taking it too personal.

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said before:
1. I had a fairly good read on him (bout 90% certain)

[/ QUOTE ]

What were the factors that gave you a 90% certain read on your opponent?

[ QUOTE ]
2. He would have folded to ANY raise or bet from me, winning me less chips

[/ QUOTE ]

I want him to fold on the Flop.

[ QUOTE ]
3. As Sklansky states, it's a poker player's job to get other players to make mistakes, and that's what I did.
He thought I was weak and bet, which was a mistake. He was the one going all-in with the loosing hand, so that was his mistake aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. He also had 5 outs going into the River.

[ QUOTE ]
But nevermind.... I'm sick of defending a play, which helped me double up.... (Especially since I have never contested, that, according to the books, this play was wrong) In my opinion, it was the best and only play I could have made in that situation, as every other move wouldn't have doubled my chips...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're "sick of defending" you shouldn't be posting here. I think you're taking it too personal.

You will note that on my first thread, that I did not criticize your limp. This was an extreme situation, where according to you, you had been playing a full hour despite the fact that the BB was 20.

I would have limped with KK also, however, I would have been willing to muck it if an ace came on the Flop. I am not going to "win" two bets by raising Pre-flop and having two opponents fold.

If you have an overpair to the Flop against two opponents, those two opponents need 20 cummulative outs to make you a money underdog. Against 1 opponent, your Villian needs 14.

So, while your play is not "horrible" as suggested by some, it suggests a "cash game mentality" as opposed to tourney play.

When Villian bet out on the Flop, I would have made enough on my Kings and called and then raised the total amount in the Pot (including my call). I have won enough on this hand.

If he wants to call my raise, well then that's fine also.

Final thought: Your play has been executed by Pros on the final table of WPT events. That is the final table, however, and only has to work that once and has so many benefits in future play.

Keep posting. Stop taking it personal. When people call your play "horrible" respond with your defense. When a person gives a short negative reply, he/she is doing nothing but giving their opinion in cryptic style, with no benefit to others.
Your hand and post on the other hand, let us see inside your thought process, as I hope my post let you see inside mine. It does not matter if we ever agree. All that matters is that we gave it our all in defending our position.