View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: tr

[ QUOTE ]
krantz you sound like a crazy man. glad the trip was just what the doctor ordered.

i was saddened to see the report cut short. could you write some more by any chance? at least some more stuff about your balla room in the main lodge

ty!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha sure sure sure

the main lodge: It was about a 3 minute drive from my cabin and most mornings I'd head up there for breakfast in the dining room. Standard fare - buffets and omelettes and such. The dinner menu was much more interesting... Austrian 4 and 5 course meals, but it required formal attire and I didn't bring a blazer nor did I ever feel like shopping for one, so that was out! Anyhow, the food was served by staff in traditional Austrian garb and everyone was really good about letting me eat in peace and read my Economist and not asking me questions about why I was there or what I did for a living. As an aside, I'd say 50% of the time people I don't know (like waiters or car salesmen or massage therapists) ask me what I do for a living lately I make something completely false up. My favorites have been pro juggler, internet consultant for transforming infrastructures, and small hedge fund owner.

So breakfast was always something nice to look forward to. The OJ was top notch. One night I took my book to the bar in the piano lounge and had a pretty good chicken sandwich while listening to a local guitar player/singer combo belt out some light tunes; that was relaxing and I got pretty drunk off some red wines of the variety that I can't remember.

On the last day, after I got lost in the forest, I moved into a Tirol suite on the 5th floor (pic from the Trapp website):

This is the front half of the room - on the side was a long table for dining, and behind the couches was a half wall with another TV, and then a king-size bed and giant bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub. I really didn't do much at all here, though - I took a bath, watched college football and sat on the balcony, staring into the forest and wishing I had brought drugs.