View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Running questions

I've recently taken up jogging/walking to lose a little weight. I'm not obese, just looking to lose some vanity pounds and get a little more stamina going. The problem is I am terrible at running now and have virtually zero endurance (a few months of poker + bad diet + almost no excersizing). I used to be in good shape in h/s when I played sports so I think getting it back shouldn't be too hard. Here's my running work outs, please share your thoughts and what you think i could do better/worse.

I'm on day 4 week 1, but as of now I just run about 1/2 a mile then walk a quarter, then run another 1/2 ish then walk 1/4 then come home. In total it takes about 15 mins and I do ~1.5 miles total everyday. After this week is done i'm going to try to increase the distance I run. I also wear a weight vest while I do this.

Is there a better way for me to build stamina/endurance, or is the way i'm doing it the best? Basically I'm just making myself run a littel farther every week until I can consistently go out and run 2 miles w/o stopping to walk with my 10 lb weight vest on.

TY for the advice,

-LO\\