View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: What are the most common leaks for a losing/break even player?

Always defending and never defending can both be leaks, though if you are weaker postflop and dont feel you can outplay the person then always defending <<<<< never defending. If you are still trying to get a handle on postflop just defend with good hands till more comfortable.

Ussually in the first few trips around the table if people want to take my blinds oh well, in a sng the blinds at the beginning are very small, take note if they are stealing alot though as you can use that against them. Watch what they show down with against other people when they raise you out if it goes to showdown.

I played lots of sngs for awhile but mainly playing cash now, in cash if I feel that they are pushing on my blind I will defend it. Though generally I play tight for several rounds, then once ive shown a smaller vpp/pfr I will open up and start playing more hands in posisition and more activally defend/steal as observant and people using huds will give you more respect imo when you start playing back.

Thats just from my small sample if trying to establish a tight image early rather then playing the same all the time.