View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
are you perfect at LHE? if not, what is the aspect(or aspects) of your game that could use improvement? anything specific you do(or are doing) to achieve this goal?

what other poker games do you play? which ones are you best at? how's the NL development coming?

what's the biggest leak you notice when reading posts in the small stakes(or any other) forum?

what's the biggest theoretical misconception that you notice in the small stakes(or any other) forum?

what is something most average 2p2ers fail to do that, if they did, would have the greatest positive impact on their game?

[/ QUOTE ]

In order...

Definitely not perfect. Just general hand reading / reactions against tough thinking LAGs that populate the higher stakes games, not trying to outplay fish and having patience (this is a tough one when you get "good" because you start thinking you can profitably play tons of hands vs fish - Ray Zee's stages of a poker player discuss this well). I'm practicing by talking to tough players about tough high stakes hands and hearing the way they think about a hand, and just playing and gaining experience I guess. I don't think that ever stops.

My second best game is probably 2-7 TDL, I think I am good at stud/8, and competent at Badugi and NL hold'em. I suck at Omaha in all forms and I never play stud high or razz really. NL I've gotten to the point where I don't feel I am a "limit player playing NL" anymore which is huge. I can beat smaller games with no problem and lots of live games because they are so soft. I have a tough time against smart good TAGs and LAGs but an easy time against the really mediocre ones. So I feel without putting in lots of thought / hands / etc. that I can beat any small stakes game and if the game is very soft, any size game where there are enough fish to compensate for me having to avoid the better players, which I would never feel is the case in limit.

Biggest leak I notice...well Ed Miller has written about it in micro but people still fold too damn much (good players I mean, fish clearly don't). Being very pessimistic in counting outs. A big one is thinking your opponents think and play like you do, and making faulty assumptions / conclusions because of this.

Biggest theoretical misconception...um, that higher stakes players / games are tougher? The only thing I can guarantee about high stakes players is they are generally wealthier than low stakes players [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You ask tough questions, wow..average 2+2ers probably tilt too much and don't game select well enough. People like to think of themselves as a "2/4" or "3/6 6max" player which causes you to play in worse games or limit your options. They also tilt too easily and in subtle ways and don't realize that the game will still be there tomorrow.

-DeathDonkey