View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 05:26 AM

Default Weird spot on the river - £25 nl

Hello everyone,

This particular hand took place during a 5p-10p (mandatory straddle when I'm utg [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ) game, which was playing 300 bbs deep. I must admit that I have never posted in this forum and if I get something wrong I apologise.

I play many levels from 5p-10p to £1-£2 and have been known to take higher shots. The point is that I play differently between each levels according to how much it is a % of my bankroll or how flush I'm feeling at the time. My oppponent however is very strong and plays (what I believe to be) extremely well at all levels and treats every decision with the same care whether it be a £1 pot or a £60 pot. He knows I am a loose goose and capable of big call-downs in my much-slated 'tournament style poker' i.e. I think you have ak/aq, I call with a pair of 2s...I hope he views me as a thinking player who has made some big folds, big calls and especially one big bluff in a previous game.

On to the hand.

Blinds are 5p 10p with my straddle for 20p. Villain raises (in the new) utg +2 to 70p and we're playing 7 handed. I call blind in the straddle.

The flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check (blind) and he bets nearly the pot, £1.40 - I look at my hand and I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] .
I know it is huge mistake but I elect to call.

The turn is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I donk £2 and villain raises to £6.50. I decide to call - The pot is now about £17.

The river is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - I check and villain puts me all-in for £21 and he has a few £'s to spare.

Is this is a fold? What hand can he expect me to call with with the action as detailed? Why is he not afraid of a 2 or does villain have one?

Help please!!!