View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Scotty Nguyen says High Stakes Poker is fake? (x-post from t.v.)

IMHO I don't think HSP is fake, and I agree with an earlier poster that if it is fake, the players deserve oscars.

In comparison, I do question PAD. They must have deals made ahead of time, etc. There is NO EMOTION on there EVER. There is TV drama, but no emotions tied to the cards. Plus in reading so many of their books, blogs etc. what makes the WSOP so great is the EXACT opposite of PAD. Huge fields of fish versus 6 sharks, WINNER TAKE ALL?!?!?! Seriously?! Who would get in this game repeatedly without a greater respect for the winners. Hansen has 3 WPT titles, Doyle, Chan and Helmuth are sick with their 31 WSOP bracelets, but if PAD is legit, from top to bottom, I am more impressed with these winners ESPECIALLY at super tough tables. Not to beat this horse more, but how many times have you heard pros talk about what a bad table they drew at this tournament or the next, those are, with exception for the big HORSE tourney, for much less than the $20,000 or $50,000 required for PAD. AND THIS IS WINNER TAKE ALL, alledgedly.

I say HSP real, PAD questionable.