View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Default A couple common tricky situations everyone gets into

Lately I've been opening up my game a little, I'm still not close to LAG but looser than I was, and I think in doing this you have to be willing to stack off lighter than you did before.

My 3betting range from the blinds to light CO and BTN openers is normally A10-K, KQ and 99-AA and the odd SC (not wide enough?..too wide?)

Scenario 1

18/14 - 20/16 type player opens in LP (has an Attempt to steal percentage of +30%) and you 3bet from the blinds with 1010/JJ/QQ, he calls.

Flop is 952r and you lead out for 2/3 pot

A: He CR's you all in, What hand are you calling with? Are you calling with any of these hands?

B: He cold calls, whats your move on the turn if it bricks? with what hand?

Scenario 2

You running at 18/14 - 20/16 and your opening range from the button is anything from 67o and better.

You raise OTB and get 3bet by a player thats very similar to yourself and has the same 3betting range.

A: What hands are you calling the 3bet with (besides premium hands obv) and what kind of flop are you looking to see to carry on with your hand?

B: What kind of flops do you make a move on him with and what kind of hands do you do it with (given you didnt hit the flop)?

Ok I know scenario 2 is a very wide question to ask but it would be cool to hear feedback on both scenarios or atleast scenario 1.