View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Lars and the Real Girl

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it at the Landmark Westside Pavilion. It's worth going out of your way for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night I typed in "Los Angeles, CA" in the Yahoo Movies "Search for locations" box figuring that would cover locations in Los Angeles. After reading the above I Googled "Landmark Westside Pavilion" and found that it is in fact located in Los Angeles. Looking further (I am a nit after all) I entered the zip code for "Landmark Westside Pavilion" into Yahoo Movies and found it.

Now if I were a nit who follows through with things I'd find the suggestion box for Yahoo and email them with the suggestion that they always list the closest theaters for a given movie to any zip code. If I search carefully enough I usually find the limited release or "arty" movies are playing down near UCI (the closest thing Orange County has to culture) or the East Side of Long Beach. Both locations are more accessible for me.

Long rant to make an excuse for a joke/needle gone bad but like I mentioned I'm a nit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Or wait for it on Netflix.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I have a decent TV that's an option but there are some movies one wants to see right away.

[ QUOTE ]
But it's a wonderful, heartwarming movie. Capraesque. And Gosling's performance is every bit as good as was Jimmy Stewart's in It's A Wonderful Life. I didn't care for Gosling in Fracture, and I didn't see his Oscar-nominated performance, but he hit a home run here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Rotten Tomatoes to check out the reviews and it gets 80% good (pretty high). Then for the first time I decided to use their showtimes tab/feature rather than Yahoo's. I typed in my zip and got 14 hits. F__k Yahoo, if they can't get locations right they should be nibbled at the edges by the specialty sites.

~ Rick