View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: flat calling with quads on the river

great responses guys. I understand where his play could be considered correct in a vacuum, but there are a few factors here that weren't discussed, more on the level of game theory than basic omaha theory.

At this level (.25/.50) people do not play to save X BB on the river. I think some of my prejudice against button's decision was based on the fact that he has history with me, knows I am a winning player and knows I play a lot of two way stuff. Given the board and the action, I was convinced I had the only nut low, and wasn't going to play it tricky, so I bet out to try and make something like a25x the counterfeited nut low make a crying call.

So back to my point, he knows me, he knows I have something, and the guy behind me just reraised. At 2/4, 3/6 and higher this is obviously more of a decision, but once again based on the players in the hand, I still think it was misplayed.

If he 3 bets, I am flat calling with the nut low, and with how bad this game is, there is a very large chance CO caps. More often than not, this is how this hand would go down in this game. Also, many of the times it would go down just like that, and I would take the entire low pot when CO has an overplayed lower full house.