View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: *WORLD SERIES GAME 2 THREAD: Rockies (Jimenez) @ Red Sox (Schillin

[ QUOTE ]
cue colorado fans saying "We knew we'd lose the first two, our plan was to get games 3 thru 6 from the start"

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on MDD you're better than this. Plus, aren't you a Philly fan? Sorry if I'm wrong but if so using "our" earlier was entirely inappropriate.

We all said we'd drop game 1.. EVERYTHING was stacked against us. We all also felt game 2 was a necessary win to have a ~45-50% chance to win this series. We are in a huge hole now and a championship would be amazing.

That being said.. we played much much better tonight. I hope ownerships keeps this team together because in a lot of aspects we are the real deal. We need to shore up our pitching game a bit.. but our defense if phenomenal. Our bats are streaky but are very often good. We are a young team that yesterday had wide eyes and couldn't do anything. Tonight we showed we could compete. One more base hit and we win the game (I know if Sox hit one more at a good time they win by 4, just sayin).

I think we can win two in Coors, which still makes us a big underdog to have a shot at the series, but I'll be yelling and screaming the whole way.

Here's to hoping we rock Dice-K and Lester the next two nights -- go Rocks.