View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Stack-to-pot Ratios - How can we utilise this for omaha?

[ QUOTE ]
SPR is not just about shortstacking it applies to any effective stack depth, the conclusions just differ a little.

It applies even more to PLO than NL Texas holdem since proper planning of your hand and pot manipulation is essential if you want to get your whole stack in the middle good.

As I wrote in the last thread I think a good target SPR is 13 for most good PLO hands where you either flop the nuts, a strong draw to the nuts or nothing. If you hit the flop hard you can then get your whole stack in the middle in three bets without help from your opponents, it also means that you may semi-bluff two streets and still have enough chips for a credible river bluff if you miss (and you believe your opponent may have missed too).

Another category hands are the ones with four big cards where your most likely favorable flop gives you TTP or some combination of top pair and gutshot straight draw. These hands may play better with a SPR of 4-5 which would mean that you should three bet them in position preflop.

It would be nice to have a creative discussion about these things, if you don’t want to use the technique you can probably play perfect Omaha anyway, but could we please not have 30 posts “ this doesn’t apply to PLO” just because you don’t use it and don’t want to learn.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me how i can get 100 BB in with 3 PSBs. Let's play a 6-max game:

villian limps ep, Hero pots mp,folds, bb and villian call.

Pot is 14 bb

Hero flops top set on Ad7h5d board.

checked to hero. hero pots. villian calls.
Pot is 42bb

Turn comes 6h giving board of Ad7h5d6h. Hero has no flush draws.

Villian checks. Does hero bet to make sure he has 3 PSBs in the pot? Does he check because a draw came in?

Even if hero pot bets and is called, he knows he wont be paid off on river so 3 PSBs is impossible without help from the villian.