Thread: My Generation
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: My Generation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know soooo many people that were handed a silver platter of life, even when it meant the parents livelyhood would suffer. This includes getting a cell phone, ipod, laptop, car and many more extra's that this generation thinks is mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been really surprised at the number of 20-somethings who have confided in me that their parents actually bought them a new car in h.s. or in college. My mom would never have done this even if she could have.

I've learned that in some towns (smaller towns in the midwest) it is common for families to buy their kids cars in h.s. It's almost peer pressure for the parents. Pretty crazy! Hope these kids remember their parents' generosity when they are old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird word choice, why would they need to "confide" as opposed to just telling you?

I lived in 2 states growing up NY and Illinois in NY I didnt have a car b/c i didnt need one (public transportation everywhere), however in Illinois everything is much more spread out. So when we moved, and I got a car (cheap one) as did almost all of my friends since everything was so far apart.