View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: How Lesbian Jewish Yankee Women Brought Us the Welfare State

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, important historical figures involved in the formation of affirmative action policy, which is bad, were black! I guess that makes me racist!

The real question is, since there is no possible way that you are actually browsing around on mises.org looking for 14 year old essays by dead economists, what Austrian bashing site did you dig this up from? Have you and Adanthar been dating? Perhaps Rothbard was pro-genocide like Ron Paul!

Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between skin color and sexual preference, especially for the time periods being discussed, and you know it. One is obvious to all and also the basis of the formation of political groups, and the other is not generally known, and (at that time), not the basis for political groups. Also, you two seem overly defensive about admitting the possibility that Rothbard was in fact a bigot in some things, when you could just take the tack of saying it is similar to Thomas Jefferson owning slaves whilst promoting liberty for all.

As to how I found that essay, I did actually find it through mises.org as I have seen it mentioned here a lot. And in fact I haven't even read any "AC bashing" sites.

I have noted earlier that odious or wrong beliefs certainly isn't proof that all other beliefs of that person are wrong. However it is sometimes is a flag. And just for the record, while I do find many AC posters here to be "nuts", there are others I respect. AC, like other political philosophies, can attract fringe elements, which harm the message of the core group. As a republican, as I noted to someone once, if I lived in Louisiana I would be for ejecting David Duke from the party for the good of the party. I def wouldn't be taking a line of "well that doesn't mean the other stuff he says is wrong and you should just listen to that". Anything positive he said would likely not only be overshadowed by the bad publicity he brought, but also attract more kooks to the party.

Also, I want to note again, that none of you AC'ers seem to want to discuss the conclusions of that Rothbard essay, apart from the "lesbian jewish yankee" stuff I brought up. Why is that?