View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
I am not winning, I had a bad downswing a couple of weeks ago(200+ BB, which seemed bad to me), part bad luck, part bad play, and i recovered a bit, but now go up and down, I would say that im not even a break even player atm, which cant be too hard at 0.50/1, and that is what is discouraging me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a matter of perspective. 50c/1 is a big game to some people in this forum, I know because I remember when that was a scary game for me. It definitely is not surprising that you are not winning after just a month, though some players might learn and win that fast. Poker isn't about comparing yourself to anyone, just improving on your own and reaching new levels at whatever pace you are best able to.

200 bb at those stakes is definitely indicative of some mistakes, though, I wouldn't chalk that all up to bad luck. I would just tell you what I would say to anyone looking to get better, post and respond to hands in this forum, giving your opinion on how to play the hand and if fellow posters disagree with you, try and figure out who is correct and why, and if it is them, be humble enough to learn and not be stubborn (not saying you do any of this, but its just a common thing people have when coming to poker or poker forums, they are very successful at other things and think they have this figured out in a short period of time), I play some pretty big games and have been reading here for years and I still don't think I have it all figured out.

Good luck, get involved here,
DeathDonkey