View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I'm not exactly what you are looking for but I would love to do this so I'll try anyway.

1. I'm currently in the middle of several poker books, am a member of Stox Poker, browse several strategy forums daily, and have a few people that I review hands with outside of forums.

2. I've had major problems with tilt/bad bankroll management in the past and it made life miserable. My goals these days are to make as much low stress money as possible to set myself up for the future. I've always said that I dont plan on playing for the rest of my life...heck even for more then a few years. However, I'm not sure that Ill ever totally stop. So I plan on playing until I find something I'm more passionate about.

Right now I'm finding out that by learning games other than LHE I can be more attentive and interested. NLHE is a game I would love to learn but have always had a hard time playing anything other than limit.

3. Current stakes are 5/10-15/30 LHE, 5/10-25/50 L08, a little bit of 2/4-3/6 NL, and a little bit of 1/2-3/6 PLO. Past earnings are probably around 250,000. Almost all at LHE. There is probably another 250,000 or so that I've blown playing games/limits that I had no buisness being in....like I said, Ive had problems.

4. I've been an on and off poster in MHSH over the past few years, as well as MTT a little before that. Nothing totally ground breaking theory wise that I have posted though. My best attempt that I can recall and dig up is probably this.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7703282

I've always felt a little like I've been shot down whenever I try and post something a little different than the "2p2 Standard" so to speak, combine that with the fact that I can't always explain why I think a course of action is best and it probably leaves me a little lite in this department.

That was the only thread I can recall starting of any signifigance (if it was even that). However if you would like me to find a few of my replies Id be hapoy to do that.

5. I'm 22 years old and have been making my living playing cards full time for over a year now...part time as a student before that.

Dropped out of school two summers ago to pursue a buisness idea(which I naively thought was a shoe in) and play some poker. I lacked direction and was just wasting money there. Always said I'd go back if need be but at this point I don't see that happening. Needless to say the buisness idea went down the tubes when Facebook started doing it. Vague plan is poker until I find another buisness idea that I'm excited about. Ive entertained thoughts of opening a bike/ski shop in a couple of years when my fiance and I move out west, however that is still up in the air.

I'm not exactly a computer guy but I did learn a little working on my website and have a younger brother who is more than capable, and I'm sure wouldn't mind helping a bit. I would also be willing to learn what I can.

Think thats about it. Like I said, I'm not exactly what you described however I would be very interested in participating.

Thanks,
Evan