Thread: SmileyEH's Log
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: SmileyEH\'s Log

Also since I didn't have time before going to bed last night here is a history of where I've come from strength/fitness wise and where I want to get.

Started college at 6' and ~155lbs, so pretty much weak and skinny as [censored]. I posted a picture of myself last fall from sophmore year-I weighed 165 in it and several posters were making fun of me I was so skinny, you can imagine what I looked like a year before.

Started going to the gym right away doing completely retarded [censored]: up and down the lines of machines basically doing everything. After a month or so a guy that was into bodybuilding showed me around and got me away from most of the machines (straight to the preacher curl bench lol).

Lifted for a total of 2 months maybe and I obviously thought I was (and looked like) a god. Got bored and drifted away. This essentially repeated itself for the next 2 years. I would lift hard for a few months, then do nothing for 6. About this time last year I think I hit rock bottom when it came to my physical health. I had been living in Europe for 3 months getting almost no physical activity, sleeping during the day and eating absolute [censored] for food. Just before I came back to north america I came down with a horrible intestinal infection. [censored] blood for about 2 weeks and pretty much unable to eat, by the time I got back home I was probably back to 155-160lbs.

Since then I've been pretty much dedicated to strength and fitness training. My diet is excellent compared to what it was and I'm extremely proud of the strength gains I've made. I give most of the credit to www.crossfit.com, although I don't do the workout of the day anymore its philosophy of constantly varied activity, power and olympic lifting, and gymnastics have kept me enthusiastic about going to the gym. I did my first deadlift in August of last year and struggled to get 200lbs up - 2 weeks ago I clean and jerked that same weight.

Right now I am focusing on improving my olympic lifts and deadlift. By the end of the year I would like to snatch 200lbs, C&J over 250, and deadlift 405 for reps. Also, over the summer I plan to get back on crossfit style met-con workouts and improve my times.

Here are my PRs to date, hopefully I can keep breaking them throughout the year.

Back Squat (ass to ankles): 260 (not sure)
Front Squat (a2a): 255
Overhead Squat (a2a): 175
Dead Lift: 365
Bench: 185 (not sure)
Snatch: 140
C&J: 205
Pullup: BW + 75lbs
Dip: BW + 65lbs