Thread: SmileyEH's Log
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 AM

Default SmileyEH\'s Log

Well Kyleb asked for it so here you go.

Went to the gym today after taking Sat-Mon off. Had been making PR's pretty much every week for the past month and was over trained, felt really tired, had some nagging tendinitis so I needed the break to let my body recover a bit. Of course I wanted to take a full week but couldn't stand it.

Warm up:
500m row on the C2 at 5resistance. 1:47 at 20 strokes per minute.
Barbell power snatches and overhead squats
Samson Stretch and hamstring stretch

Snatch:
PR'd with the power version last week at 140lbs but have yet to be able to actually catch the bar in a good deep squat.
Worked on form and managed to get the full squat snatch near the end of the session.
5x95lbs
5x95lbs
3x105lbs
3x115lbs
1x125lbs
1x125lbs
3x1x130lbs
bunch of fails at 135.

Clean and Jerk:
Worked up to a single at 195 (pr 205)
Two fails at 205, technique is a bit off plan to do 5 heavy singles before the end of the week and go for a new pr on saturday or sunday.

Front Squat:
2x205lbs
2x225lbs
1x255lbs (former PR 240lbs)

Front Squat pr felt great. Will try and max out back squat later in the week.

Food for the day:
Breakfast: 5 eggs, 5strips of bacon, glass of orange juice, 2 slices whole wheat toast
Meal 2: Tri-o-plex bar (400 calories 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat), double whey protein shake, apple
Meal 3: Grilled Chicken, green peppers, broccolli pasta
Meal 4: double serving of oat bran hot cereal with whole milk, double whey protein shake, few handfuls of sunflower seeds

I'll try and update tomorrow with more of a background of what I'm doing, progress so far and goals for the future.