View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Tilt, 25nl, suckers killing me

Advice in BBV, oh no, here we go:

It sucks that you lost some money but you just gotta suck it up and move back down until you are ready to try it again. If you care too much about the money its gunna affect your game and you aren't going to play as you should. When you steam, just take a break, go for a walk or have a sandwich, think about what happend, if you were unlucky or played bad, etc. Consider the money lost as part of your education towards becoming a better player.

I've done the same thing at least 5 times, moved up, dropped a hundred, etc. It was helpful in the sense that it helped me to analyze my play better and to not care about the money as much, one thing I always tell myself when I try moving up and end up losing is that I know I'll win it back. It sucks in the shortterm, but in the longterm I know I'll get that money back at my normal stakes that I'm comfortable with.

25nl on your site also has better players, there's still a fair amount of donks but a majority of the players are fairly good and play a much tighter/aggressive game than those at 10nl.

Stay away from omaha, especially limit. If you must play, shortstack the pot limit version. I know its a fun game, but at the low limits, you're up against idiots playing any 4 cards looking to get lucky flops. The nature of that game also has way more variance so until you are properly bankrolled it would be best to just not play it at all.